Students are expected to adhere to the school and gym dress codes. Parental support of these codes is required. We encourage students at NFA to take pride in their appearance. When a child looks and feels good about him or herself, he or she acts and works accordingly.
Students are to maintain an appearance of neatness, which includes:
Shirts being tucked in at all times
Pants, shorts, and skirts worn correctly at waist level
Skirts must pass the fingertip test
- Neatness and cleanliness in personal attire are part of a child’s education and the responsibility of the parents.
- If a situation arises where a student will not be in full uniform, parents are expected to communicate with the homeroom teacher.
- For students traveling between buildings/campuses throughout the school day non-NFA sweatshirts and jackets are to be removed before the start of class.
We work primarily with two vendors:
- Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company in Springhouse (215-793-9436)
- Flocco’s Shoes in Conshohocken (610-828-5544).
The NFA Parents Association offers gently used uniforms via “The Clothesline.” Please check the monthly calendar on the website for “The Clothesline” schedule.
2023 UPDATES TO THE NFA UNIFORM GUIDE (GRADES 1-8)
- Replaced traditional uniform shoes with solid sneakers
- Added a 1/4 zip pullover in various fabrics
- Removed the khaki skort and skort from Middle School uniforms
- Added a spandex short for all girls to wear under their jumper or skirt
- Replaced gray pants with khaki pants for all boys
- NFA sweatshirts are only permitted on gym days