A uniform is required for all NFA students, with the exception of students in the Carriage House, Gate House, Stone House, and White House. We expect parents to support this uniform policy by ensuring their child(ren) is properly dressed for school each day. Students who consistently fail to dress in the appropriate uniform may receive consequences in line with our school’s Code of Conduct.
General Uniform Expectations
- Students are permitted to wear any sneaker that is solid white, gray, black, or navy. Sneakers may have a white sole or symbol on them. In addition, students can either wear their everyday uniform sneakers with their gym uniform OR they can wear another sneaker of their choice (any color or style works for gym). Sneakers do not need to be purchased through a uniform vendor; they can be bought anywhere.
- Pants, shorts, and skirts are worn at the waist level
- Skirts for girls reach to the fingertip
- Shorts for boys and girls reach to the fingertip
- If a student will not be in full uniform, parents are expected to communicate with the child’s homeroom teacher.
- Sweatshirts and jackets are to be removed before the start of class.
- Hoodies are only permitted to be worn on gym days. On all other days, students must wear an NFA cardigan or 1/4 zip sweater.
- Girls are expected to wear knee-high socks or tights under their skirts or jumper. Leggings are not permitted.
Uniforms can be purchased from the vendors below.
***Sneakers for school uniforms or gym can be purchased anywhere.
****Khaki pants can be purchased anywhere.
Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company in Springhouse (215-793-9436)
Flocco’s Shoes in Conshohocken (610-828-5544).
- The NFA Parents Association offers gently used uniforms via “The Clothesline.” Please check the monthly calendar on the website for “The Clothesline” schedule.
CARRIAGE HOUSE, GATE House, STONE HOUSE, WHITE HOUSE (3-5 year-olds)
Students should dress comfortably. Please be mindful of the following when dressing your child for school.
- Clothes that they can easily handle themselves when going to the bathroom.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Long sleeves and long pants or sweat suits are appropriate when it is chilly and short sleeves and short pants or skirts when it is warm.
All students MUST wear comfortable, well-fitting, age-appropriate shoes to school.
- Sneakers and socks are most appropriate as feet are well protected and provide proper support for outdoor activities.
- No sandals, open-toed, or open-heeled shoes
- No heavy, hard sole or pointed-toe shoes/boots
- No dangling or low-hanging earrings
- No necklaces or chains around the neck which pose a choking hazard
- Please send one extra set of clothes for your child. This should include shorts, pants, a skirt, a top or T-shirt, underwear, and socks.
- Please label all clothes, sweaters, and jackets with the student’s first and last name.
New this year:
- In lieu of uniform shoes, students are permitted to wear any sneaker that is solid white, gray, black, or navy sneakers with their uniform.
- 1/4 zip pullover in various fabrics
- No khaki skort and skort from middle school uniforms
- All girls wear spandex shorts under their jumper or skirt
- No gray pants for boys - replaced with khaki pants
- NFA sweatshirts are only permitted on gym days