Student Philanthropy Club
Meeting Dates: Tuesdays as scheduled by the Mission Advancement Office
Time: Lunch/Recess as a "working lunch"
Location: Room 2 in SJAH
Members: 6th and 7th grade students
- The Philanthropy Club will provide leadership in stewardship opportunities for the school through a variety of endeavors.
- Provide an additional opportunity for NFA students to help others and increase their understanding that they can also be philanthropic. (They have time, treasures, and talents to share, give back, and pay forward.)
- Encourage students' understanding that philanthropy is more than just a charitable donation; it is reflecting a profound love of our neighbor, living and working so all may be one, along with many other tenets of the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
- Club members will learn more about the role of the Mission Advancement Office (MAO) in the NFA community and help plan activities that correspond with the MAO and NFA mission.
Activities: (other ideas may develop during the year)
- Students will support our Giving Tuesday efforts on Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
- Students will help plan and organize a fundraiser for NFA Legacy Week held the last week of January.
- Students will assist in development mailings (stuffing, labeling, and sealing).
Students may support our Signature Fundraising Event (Soiree with the Sisters) prep activities.
Students will create and write personal thank you notes to donors, volunteers, and board members.
Students will assist with event set-up as needed.
Students will plan and execute a volunteer appreciation and staff appreciation activity in the spring.
The ideal Philanthropy Club member would uphold the following:
- Attend all scheduled working meetings/gatherings with a positive attitude.
- Adhere to the schedule of activities planned.
- Work as a team member, contribute ideas, be creative and show effort.
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding donor names and other sensitive data (students will not have access to confidential information such as donor giving).
- Be committed to NFA vision, mission, and legacy.