Please join us for NFA's Curriculum Night, which will take place on Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 6:30pm in the Fontbonne Building. This event is open to all parents and guardians for the opportunity to connect with NFA teachers to learn more about the curriculum and instructional approaches taking place in NFA classrooms. Step away from the night with strategies to support these efforts at home!
- Please RSVP by filling out the form below.
- Session previews are listed below.
- This page will be updated so check back for new sessions!
The Norwood-Fontbonne Academy Vision Statement notes the following:
An NFA Student is one who…
- Enjoys learning,
- Treasures self, others, and the Earth,
- Lives Gospel values, and
- Makes reflective choices as a self-directed person.
With that in mind, the NFA Curriculum Council (Marianne Canuso, Shannon Craige, Abby Montler, Joe Rosowski, and Dr. Monical Walsh) decided to use the Vision Statement as our guide when examining curriculum here at NFA. Sessions are grouped by a tenet of the vision statement. Please see just a few of the sessions below. More to come!
- Problem Based Approach to Math: Building a Positive Math Mindset
- Creating a Reading Life at Home: A How-To Guide
- Foundational Building Blocks of Phonics Instruction in the Primary and Montessori classrooms
- ¡Everyday Español!
- Houses to JLM: Montessori Curriculum Connections
- How to Build a Better Research Paper
- Making home and school connections in Math