For the second consecutive season, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy alumna Maddie Burns '16, a junior defender for the University of Michigan's women's lacrosse team, was named First Team All-Big Ten.
Burns, an honorable mention Inside Lacrosse Midseason All-American, has led the University of Michigan defense in all 16 games this season covering opponents' top offensive player. The NFA alumna now leads Michigan with 19 caused turnovers and 30 ground balls, while ranking second with 39 draw-control wins. Burns has 12 contests with two or more draw control wins, including a season-high six against Harvard, and had four caused turnovers against Central Michigan.
Burns is enrolled in the school of Literature, Science and Arts at the University of Michigan.
University of Michigan Career
- Tewaaraton Watch List (2023)
- Big Ten Player to Watch (2023)
- IWLCA West/Midwest All-Region second team (2022)
- USA Lacrosse Magazine honorable mention All-America (2022)
- First Team All-Big Ten (2022)
- Academic All-Big Ten (2022)
- USA Lacrosse Magazine honorable mention All-America
- IWLCA West/Midwest All-Region second team
- First Team All-Big Ten
- Started all 18 games for the Wolverines on defense
- Helped the Michigan defense to a No. 9 national ranking in scoring defense allowing just 9.28 goals per game
- Tied for third on the team with 26 ground balls
- Ranked second on the team with 18 caused turnovers
- Had three caused turnovers and three ground balls at Towson
- Recorded six games with two-or-more caused turnovers
- Added six draw control wins
- Appeared in 12 games for the Wolverines, starting nine
- Had 10 ground balls
- Forced seven caused turnovers