Mission and Vision
Founded in 1920 by the Sisters of St. Joseph, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is a Catholic Independent academy for preschool to eighth grade students. Committed to a strong academic program, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy offers both Montessori and creative interactive education enriched by service learning, outreach, and co-curricular experiences. Within a faith-filled community, students are challenged to become self-directed persons who live gospel values, enjoy learning, make reflective choices, and treasure themselves, others, and the Earth.
The Norwood-Fontbonne Student is one who…
- enjoys learning,
- treasures self, others, and the earth,
- lives Gospel values, and
- makes reflective choices as a self-directed person.
We believe that:
- As a sponsored work of the Sisters of St. Joseph, Norwood-Fontbonne Academy daily furthers the SSJ mission “to live and work so that all people may be united with God and one another.”
- A constructivist philosophy of education fosters self-directed learning.
- The family’s participation is an essential element in the child’s education.
- Fostering leadership, scholarship and social consciousness within our students empowers them to transform our world.
- The formation of our students should be holistic.
- All students have a right to a safe and loving environment where healthy relationships are nurtured.