Mrs. Peluso has shared with me her decision to retire at the end of the 2021-2022 school year to spend more time with family and friends and possibly travel. Personally, while I am happy for Mrs. Peluso, I will deeply miss our collaboration leading Norwood-Fontbonne. Mrs. Peluso has generously served the NFA community for 12 years. Mrs. Peluso is an incredible educator, leader and friend. Her passion for education, expertise in curriculum development, academic leadership, and deep commitment to the mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph are a gift to Norwood-Fontbonne Academy and to all of us. Mrs. Peluso has graciously agreed to actively consult throughout the transition process. Please look for more information in the coming weeks on opportunities to celebrate with Mrs. Peluso and share our well wishes.
The process of identifying Norwood-Fontbonne Academy’s next principal will be inclusive, thoughtful and thorough, guided by our unique SSJ mission, vision and values, and informed by input from a broad cross-section of the community. We are forming a search committee to guide the process and we have partnered with Educational Directions to publicize this opportunity as we conduct the search to find the most qualified and diverse slate of candidates as possible. For further details please review the Opportunity Statement and review the Principal Search landing page. Additional information on the search process can be found below.
As we work to finalize plans for the selection of our next Principal, we will keep you informed of key developments along the way. Throughout the process, we will balance the desire for transparency with the need for confidentiality inherent in any high-level search, and we appreciate your understanding in this regard. Please stay tuned for periodic updates. We are grateful for your prayerful support.
Ryan Killeen, Ed.D.
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy Principal Search Committee Process
- The President will assemble a search committee
- The Opportunity will be broadly shared through national networks and in coordination with Educational Directions and recruiting firms with expertise in Independent Catholic schools.
- A community survey will be executed to augment and frame the search process
- A series of listening sessions will be conducted to engage the entire Norwood-Fontbonne Academy community in the search process.
- Applications will be accepted.
- Application materials will be thoroughly reviewed and initial conversations conducted
- The search committee will identify semi-finalists and conduct interviews
- Finalists will be identified and references contacted.
- Finalists will be invited to campus to tour and meet with representatives of key constituent groups.
- The search committee will review feedback and make recommendations
- The President will select and appoint the new Principal